Mike and I had planned on just coming home and chilling out by ourselves to ring in the new year. Seems like that’s what most of our crew wound up doing this year. But, we got home and Drew was here, which made me happy. Then, EJ texted me and wondered what we were doing, so he came over too (which also made me happy).
So at midnight, the four of us toasted with Coca-Cola, gave hugs and good wishes, and then went back to playing our games. Mike and I played Wii, EJ was on WOW, and Drew just kinda hung out and visited and watched us play. Then Drew headed out, and we three remaining celebrants enjoyed Kung Fu Panda and now we are watching Iron Man. EJ is still playing WOW, Mikey is engrossed in the movie, and then there’s me.
So here I sit, thinking about the birth of a new year. And reflecting on the one that just passed. Long, interesting year it has been.
Some of the Good
- Mikey graduated with his BSE in Mid-Level Math and Science.
- Mikey got to long-term sub for the first half of this school year over at Fox Meadow Intermediate.
- Mikey got his contract at Annie Camp!!!!!!!!
- Drew didn’t die on me last week!!!!
- My Andi and I have gotten even closer than we were. Yes, that is pretty darned close!
- I got to go to the Eagles concert with three of my favorite people.
- I finally took some steps to take care of myself and things are working out nicely.
- I got a good friend back.
- Ava and Robbie decided that Mike and I are their second parents.
- Regan, Mimic, Ella, Xander, EJ, Ava, and Robbie.
- My Clique.
- My Family.
- My Dog. Haynesworth rocks pretty much.
- VBS was an amazing experience, and I can’t wait for next year.
Some of the Not-So-Good
- Bobby lost his Dad, Bob, this summer.
- Missi and Jayme lost their Mom, Bug, just a few days ago.
- Bryan lost his Grandpa.
- Drew had what we thought was a heart attack at the Mall last week. I am NOT ready for Drew’s Final Party.
- I had huge doubts of faith in both my religion and my life.
- A certain situation just about broke me. My heart still hurts at times.
- Mike and I had serious concerns about what he was going to do for a job (until aforementioned subbing and wonderful contract were bestowed!)
- Aaron, and all the pain he is going through. Why? What is going through his head?
Some of What I Have Learned
- I am very dense sometimes, but it is never on purpose, and I apologize for the hurt my denseness has caused.
- While love is all encompassing, it also comes with a ton of responsibility. And you’d better be prepared for such a task or it will break your heart.
- It ain’t over til it’s over. Period.
- I am NOT ready for Drew’s Final Party. Or the Final Parties of ANY of my friends, for that matter.
So, this isn’t as profound as it could be, but then again, it is after 4:30 in the morning. :oD
I am blessed, though. I have some of the best friends in the world, of all ages. Cracks have been repaired in several aspects of my life. I have let go of some past harmful things, and am embracing new ways of moving forward. My faith is back on track, and I know where I am needed in my Church. I am trying to become a better person, to figure out where everyone and everything belongs. AND I’m trying to embrace the concept that change can indeed be a good thing.
2009 looks promising.